Good news! if you are Indonesian traveling to India, you could apply for e-Visa and it’s free for the tourist visa. This was the case of mine in 2019 and until this writing there is no change yet. I hope it won’t change. There are some scumbag websites which try to fool you to pay. be careful. i repeat be careful. I nearly fooled as well. the correct website to go to is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
For you to apply, you will need to prepare some of the following details.
- Passport and your personal detail information.
- passport photo size > actually, there is no specification. i follow the Schengen standard and it worked.
- Family Details.
- Flight information. No Booking proof required, you will only need to put the info of your arrival and departure date along with which airport. Please ensure you will arrive in India Airport which accept e-VISA.
- Itinerary. only in summary which cities that you would like to visit.
- Hotel Information. No Booking proof required.
- Countries that you have visited within the last 10 years. the provided space can’t cope with mine so i chose from the most recent to the oldest.
The process is quick. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive the submission information through email and the review process itself will take around 72 hours. In my case, it took 2 days until..VOILA! the visa has been granted. you will receive the information of your VISA approval through mail. You need to print this and bring it along with you. refer below on how it looks.
I quite like the e-VISA process though it was a bit confusing at first due to all the fake websites which try to take an advantage from you. It really simplified many things such as No physical queue, not much of a documents required, No more printing all the bank record, getting the employment letter, and all of the other ordeals. It will definitely helps to boost one country tourism. I understand that it also comes with certain complexities but isn’t it the world is getting more borderless each day?
Wish Indonesian passport could get more access and wish to see you within the process!
Triana Mustika Rukmi
One thought on “How to Apply for India Visa For Indonesian?”