Happy New Year! 😉 Here comes the time of the year where people usually start the “RESOLUTION” or a “LIFE PLAN” to become the better version of themselves. Here i am wanting to share with you the journey that i have with mine.
The Uptight Me
Have you every heard about plan your life goal for the next 20, 10, 5, 3, and 1 year? years back, I used to be a follower of this type of planning. I set up my Ultimate Life Goal and i cascaded them into two categories :
- Personal : Family, Friends, and Travelling
- Professional : Skills and Career.
Then, believe it or not i took the plan and madee a financial planning too. That was how determined i was about all of these. *gulp* So, yep. if you have ever been in a job interview, questions like how do i see myself in the next 5 or 10 years didn’t freak me out. I used to feel i had the world on my hand. Oh dear.. young naive me.
The Little Less Uptight Version of me today..
Life doesn’t always give us lemon. I had to drank my bitter pills too and that has changed my life and me as a person. I threw the plan out of the window with only one goal : Self Recollection. I let life flows and hey, i found it’s not as bad as i thought it would be. Afterwards, the goal transform into Being Happy. I become more carefree. I take a break, enjoy the moment, eat good food, getting a better sleep and exercise, do what i want to do instead just planning / wanting to do it.
Yet after, I realised that my old 5 years plan still come true though i threw it halfway. It scares the hell out of me. It makes me think “do i still walk in the path unconsciously?” – Maybe. I am grateful yet anxious but let’s make a truce with life. It was another moment of realisation for me that by not having a plan i actually made myself unbalance. I concentrated too much on some items and losing grip for the rest.
So, for this year, this is what i would like to do :
- Starting my life plan and set up goals ( again ) for the next 5 – 10 years but not as tedious as i did years ago. Looking back, The amount of detail was scary. I will also put more personal goals related with my hobbies or whatever it is that i found makes me happy
- Adjust the GODDAMN PLAN! breathe and enjoy the moment. the world not going to end because of it. It’s fine not to achieve as much as being happy and healthy is equally important. Well, when you cross a wish list / achieve something but feeling unhappy you know that you need to change. be brave.
- Making a wishlist with bigger time frame e.g. before 50 or 70. Tight time frame made me stressed out.
In the end it’s a bout having a life balance for me. Once, i was a sprinter in life i forgot to take a look at my surroundings and it cost me a lot. Now, let’s pace it better with combination of walk, jog, run, sprint, and rest. I am getting older anyhow. xD
Wish you were here to help me getting through all of this. Cheers! 😉